Powermectin by Golden Horseshoe is a 1.87% Ivermectin Oral paste for horses. Used for the treatment of parasitic infections due to internal parasites, including bots, in horses.
This product has the same active ingredients as Panomec and Bimectin and is made in Canada.
Powermectin (Ivermectin) is indicated for the treatment of nematode or arthropod infestations in horses due to:
- Large strongyles
- Small strongyles
- Lungworms (adult and immatures)
- Pinworms (adult and immatures)
- Ascarids (adults and third & fourth stage larvae)
- Hairworms (adults)
- Large-mouth stomach worms (adults)
- Neck threadworms (microfilariae)
- Intestinal threadworms (adults)
- Stomach bots (oral and gastric stages)
- Ivermectin is not effective against the encysted larval stages of the small strongyles