Gates and Latches
Keep your horses where they should be.
Recommended gate widths:
1/2 Ton Truck.................10' Feed Truck......................12'
Hay Equipment.............14' Combine Equipment.....16'
Garden Tractor...............6' Bush Hog........................8'
Horse Turnout Gate......6' Human Gate...................4'
Tip: Smaller gates will stay straighter longer. For larger areas, consider a double gate.
Be sure to consider the following when installing gates in a fence line. Gates can be a weak spot in a fence line; keep gates to a minimum as well as plan for future traffic flow. If possible, ensure that the gate is on level ground. If using electricity on a fence line, terminate the line at the gate and run undergate cable to electrify the other side of the fence line. If the gate has a shock to it you may need to ground the gate using a ground rod and wire to the hinge bolt. Lastly, do not use spring gates with horses, as the horse may get tangled in the spring.
First aid for gates
Fix a sagging gate. Once a gate begins to sag it becomes difficult to open and close and doesn't look very good. Dragging the gate on the ground or in the mud starts to bend the gate and eventually it won't work at all. Use a gate wheel to keep the gate up off the ground (ground must be level). Use a one-way or two-way latch to support the weight of the gate. Adjust the hinge bolts so that the gate is not touching the ground. Electrify the inside of the opening with a line of rope or tape to keep the horses off the gate.
- Medium Duty Bolt On Gate FerruleFits on gates 1 ½” to 1 ¾” in diameterCA$ 9.95Out of stock
- 4-Bar Mesh Farm GateMade with heavy-duty seel and built to contain cattle and horsesCA$ 146.00 to CA$ 366.00
- 6-Bar Farm GateMade with heavy-duty seel and built to contain cattle and horsesCA$ 113.00 to CA$ 339.00
- 3-Bar Galvanized Mesh Utility GateProvides a secure entrance to driveways, bush lanes, fields, or pasturesCA$ 120.00 to CA$ 358.00
- 4-Bar Mesh Utility GateProvides a secure entrance to driveways, bush lanes, fields, or pasturesCA$ 105.00 to CA$ 253.00
- 6-Bar Utility GateProvides a secure entrance to driveways, bush lanes, fields, or pasturesCA$ 83.00 to CA$ 300.00
- System Equine - Aluminum Paddock Mesh Gate 2" x 2"Lightweight with the added safety of meshCA$ 209.00 to CA$ 845.00
- System Equine - Aluminum Paddock/Farm Entrance GateAttractive and lightweight gate made to match your fencingCA$ 455.00 to CA$ 729.00
- Tarter - Economy Mesh Gate 2" x 4" 8 GaLight duty gate with mesh perfect for containing small animalsCA$ 155.00 to CA$ 320.00
- Bolt-On Hinge PairBolts gate to the wallCA$ 35.99 to CA$ 39.00
- System Equine - Heavy-Duty 2" x 2" Welded Mesh GateTrusted System gates with mesh insert for added safetyCA$ 215.00 to CA$ 555.00
- System Equine - Heavy-Duty Steel Tube GateTrust System gates to contain your most valued animalsCA$ 129.00 to CA$ 399.00
- Tarter - 6-Bar Economy Galvanized Tube GateGreat light-duty gate for gardens or areas holding small livestock or petsCA$ 115.00 to CA$ 308.00
- System Equine - Double Gate Latch KitSecurely holds double gates togetherCA$ 155.00 to CA$ 159.00
- Nickel Plated Gate Latch With ChainNickel Plated Gate Latch With ChainCA$ 7.45
- Spring Loaded Bolt LatchKeeps gate closed by anchoring it into the groundCA$ 31.49
- Heavy Duty Gate LatchUse with gloves or mitts, will not freeze, and can be used from horsebackCA$ 10.99
- Quick LatchOne of our most popular gate latchesCA$ 19.99
- Two-Way Lockable LatchOperational by one hand, this gate slams shut on its ownCA$ 36.99
- Galvanized Hinge Bolt PairUsed to hang gates, sold in a pairCA$ 19.99 to CA$ 27.99
- Bolt on Gate Wheel BlackSupports the gate to prevent sagging and assists in ease of movementCA$ 129.00